LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Annually, the state of Florida receives funding from the federal government to help low-income people pay their utility bills. The program that provides this funding is called the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). LIHEAP funds are distributed through community-based agencies working throughout Florida. FPL works closely with both state and local agencies and organizations in the administration of LIHEAP and other such funds, as part of our ASSIST Program.
To be eligible to receive help, your household's income may not exceed 150 percent of the poverty guidelines. If your household's income is greater than this amount, you may still be eligible, because some types of income are not counted
WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED TO APPLY?
• Recent copies of your utility bills.
• A recent payroll stub or other proof that shows your current gross income.
• Documentation showing income from Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Pension Funds, disability, etc.
• Final Utility Termination Notice (if you’ve received a shut-off notice from your energy company).
• Proof of present address (e.g., rent receipt, lease or deed, property tax bill).
• Proof of total members living in your household (e.g., birth certificates, school records, etc.)
• Social Security cards (or numbers) for all persons living in your household.
• Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence.
Community Action Service Centers
Delray BeachPahokeeSouth Bay 610 SW 15th Avenue,300 East 5th St 625 Martin Luther King Blvd Delray Beach, FL 33444 Pahokee, FL South Bay, FL 33493 Phone: 278-8090924-7232996-0660 Jupiter Riviera Beach Lake Worth 6415 Indiantown Road 1440 Martin Luther Kig6415 Wingfield Street, Jupiter, FL 33450Riviera Beach, FL 33404 Lake Worth, FL 33460 694-5471 845-4670 694-5415
SOCIETY OF ST VINCENT de PAUL
DISTRICT COUNCIL OF PALM BEACH